Sunday, 6 August 2017

Stella's Koala Party


Our dearest Stella aka ‘little koala’ turned the big 4! Again without sounding like a broken record managing to pull another birthday party together while working full time proved to be a huge challenge! That said there was never has a chance to be let off the hook as Stella has been dreaming about her party for the past six months! So with that I decided to create a koala theme based on a sweet little costume from Sparrow and B and dress by Milk and Masuki that I saw on Instagram. I also chose the theme (with Stella's approval of course) as Stella is always attached on my back for constant cuddles! For the party I decided for my sanity to keep the numbers down by just inviting a small number of Stella's preschool buddies.  For the design I again reached out to my Gabriela from Nina Designs Party Printables.  In her usual awesomeness, Gabriela created this sweet little koala printable set based on a crochet koala toy I purchased from a local children's toy store. I especially loved the thank you tags, colouring page and the pass the parcel leaf to keep the little ones occupied!  Amazing job as always Gabriela!

The dessert table was set against a backdrop of a cute koala face and mint coloured gum leaves (designed by Gabriela) which was a little nod to Stella’s panda party!  On the dessert table I wanted to keep the display simple with accent use of grey.  I placed the cute crochet toy, small lovely plain grey cups and some grey and white striped paper straws.  I also added I cute koala bunting (designed by Gabriela) which helped with the table symmetry.  Again it would not be a party without my fun and popular fondant cookies.  I think they turned out well!? I also reached out to my reliable cake dealer Rebecca from SweetCrush for her amazing sweet buttercream treats. Thank you Rebecca the cake was amazing as always! You can check out more of Rebecca’s baking talent on her Instagram account HERE. I served lamingtions and iced vovo’s to add to the Australian vibes (both classic Australian treats) and made sure I had the coffee brewing for the adults!


For this party I have to concede I was genuinely exhausted on the day and therefore the photography was very grainy and not my best work. Without blaming my tools I also think there is something wrong with my camera as I was dealing with error messages left, right and centre... anyway you still get a feel for the details!  


Big love Felicity xx



 All Images Copyright of Little Paper Plate Events - please contact me for any re-use!

Vendors 

Party printables in collaboration with Gabriela from Nina Designs Party Printables: http://ninadesigns.bigcartel.com/

Cake and cupcakes: Rebecca from SweetCrush: http://www.pictaram.com/user/beckyhollispatelcakes/1325181397

Cookie decorating supplies: Something for Cake www.somethingforcake.com.au

Cookies, styling and photography: Me! - Felicity - Little Paper Plate Events: http://littlepaperplateevents.blogspot.com.au/

Koala Dress: Milk and Masuki: https://www.milkandmasuki.com/

Koala Costume: https://www.sparrowandb.com.au/

1 comment: